Outlook is a popular email client used by millions of professionals around the world for its robust email management and communication features. One common task users often need to perform is saving their Outlook emails as PDF files. Whether it’s for archiving important communications or sharing them in a more universally accessible format, saving Outlook emails as PDFs can be a valuable skill. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to save Outlook emails as PDFs.
- Google Drive Unlimited
- How to Save Attachments to Google Drive from Gmail
- How to Save Outlook Email as PDF
Method 1: Save Emails as PDFs in Outlook (Built-in Feature)
Outlook provides a built-in feature that allows you to save emails as PDFs without the need for third-party software. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Outlook and select the email you want to save as a PDF.
- Click on the “File” tab in the upper-left corner.
- In the File menu, click on “Save As.”
- Choose the location where you want to save the PDF.
- In the “Save as type” dropdown menu, select “PDF (*.pdf).”
- Enter a file name for your PDF and click “Save.”
Outlook will convert the selected email to a PDF and save it to the specified location.
Method 2: Using Microsoft Print to PDF (Windows Only)
If you are using Outlook on a Windows computer, you can utilize the “Microsoft Print to PDF” feature to save emails as PDFs. Here’s how:
- Open the email you want to save as a PDF in Outlook.
- Click on “File” in the top-left corner.
- Select “Print.”
- In the Print dialog box, under “Printer,” select “Microsoft Print to PDF.”
- Click the “Print” button.
- Choose the location where you want to save the PDF, enter a file name, and click “Save.”
The selected email will be converted to a PDF and saved to the specified location.
Method 3: Using Third-Party PDF Conversion Tools
There are several third-party PDF conversion tools available that can streamline the process of saving Outlook emails as PDFs. Some popular options include Adobe Acrobat, PDFelement, and PDFCreator. Here’s a general outline of how to use such tools:
- Install and launch your chosen PDF conversion tool.
- Open the email you want to convert to a PDF in Outlook.
- Use the PDF conversion tool’s “Print” or “Convert” option to select Outlook as the source.
- Follow the tool’s prompts to customize settings such as file name, save location, and PDF quality.
- Click “Convert” or “Save” to create the PDF.
- The tool will convert the email into a PDF file and save it as specified.
Saving Outlook emails as PDFs is a useful skill for archiving important messages or sharing them with others in a universal format. Whether you choose to use Outlook’s built-in features or third-party PDF conversion tools, the process is straightforward and can be accomplished with a few simple steps. By following the methods outlined in this article, you can easily convert your Outlook emails into PDF files to suit your needs.